West Virginia Insurance Continuing EducationWV Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Training
West Virginia insurance continuing education must be completed every two years and is regulated by the West Virginia Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours in ethics to fulfill West Virginia insurance license renewal requirements.West Virginia Insurance CE Requirements
- WV renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 in ethics).
- Courses may be taken in any line of authority.
- Excess CE credit hours can carry over to subsequent license renewal periods up to 6 hours. Extra ethics credits carry over as general credit.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit within one renewal period.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The West Virginia Insurance Department charges a $1.50/credit hour fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $6 per course (plus a flat $10 shipping charge).
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices, Annuity Fundamentals
|Life Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E&O Claims, Business Life Insurance, Insurance Ethics 101
|Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Understanding the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Basics, Insurance Ethics 101, Homeowners Insurance Valuation
|General Insurance Package
5 Courses: Identity Theft, Avoiding E&O Claims, College Planning & Funding, Variable Annuities, Flood Insurance
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Producers licensed only in limited lines for which exams are not required, adjusters, and nonresidents are not required to complete the biennial insurance continuing education.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
West Virginia License Renewal Requirements
Time for your West Virginia insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Agents may take any approved course for credit (Life licensees can take Property insurance courses if they desire).
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the West Virginia Department of Insurance.