Texas Insurance Continuing EducationTX Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Texas insurance continuing education is required of all Texas producers licensed in major lines (General Lines; Life, Accident, and Health; Property and Casualty, Managing General Agent, etc.) biennially, or once every two years. Agents must complete at least 24 hours of approved instruction, of which 2 hours must be in ethics.
Only half of the total required 24 hours may be taken through self-study Texas continuing education programs, while the other half must be classroom or "classroom equivalent" course hours.Texas Insurance CE Requirements
- 24 hours every two years, 2 of which must be ethics.
- Licenses expire on the license holder's birthday. For more information see: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/licensing/agent/legislativeupda.html.
- Half of the total required CE hours must be done through classroom (or classroom equivalent) study.
- Limited lines producers must complete 10 hours (2 in ethics).
Texas Insurance Producers - Finish your Required CE for Less.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee. The Texas Insurance Department charges a $.78/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Go to shopping cart.
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||4||Basic|
|Business Disability Insurance||9||Average|
|Business Life Insurance||9||Average|
|Casualty Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
|Disability Income Insurance||6||Average|
|Ethics 101 Webinar Class||3||Basic||Meets Texas Ethics Requirement
|Ethics.. Handling the Money||10||Basic||Meets Texas Ethics Requirement|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||4||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Insurance Ethics 101||4||Basic||Meets Texas Ethics Requirement|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||7||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
|Property Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
Individuals who hold a continual license for at least 20 years from the Texas Department of Insurance are exempted from the insurance CE requirement.
Additionally, under limited circumstances it may be possible for an extention or exemption to be granted if the Texas DOI is provided with proper documentation of a circumstance described in the CE rule that is beyond the licensee's control. Examples of this could be a long term illness, or being stationed abroad during military service.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Texas License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Texas insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- 2 of the 24 hours must be in ethics.
- 12 of the 24 hours must be in class or 'classroom equivalent'.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams can be taken without a proctor and are open book.
- CE credit hours cannot carry forward to future license renewal periods.
- Agents are not required to complete courses approved for line-specific credit.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit within the same renewal period.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Texas Department of Insurance through Sircon.