Tennessee Insurance Continuing EducationTN Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Tennessee insurance continuing education requires credit hours be completed every two years per the requirements of the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance.
All licensed resident producers and adjusters must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours in Ethics training to fulfill Tennessee insurance license renewal requirements.Tennessee Insurance CE Requirements
- TN renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 in Ethics).
- Licenses expire every two years at the end of the producer's birth month. Agents born in even years will have their licenses expire in even years, while agents born in odd years will have their licenses expire in odd years.
- Excess CE credit hours (up to 12) can carry over to subsequent license renewal periods. Ethics hours carry over as general credit.
- Any course approved for CE in TN may be taken for credit. For example, Life Insurance Agents may take a course in Life & Health.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Tennessee Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $4 per course (plus a flat $5 shipping charge).
|Health Producer Package
4 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Disability Income Insurance, Insurance Ethics 101
|Life & Health Producer Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, College Planning & Funding, Ethics 101
|Life Producer Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Retirement IRAs, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Property & Casualty Producer Package
4 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices, Avoiding E&O Claims
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Public adjusters with less than 1 year of licensure, limited lines producers, and nonresident agents are exempt from Tennessee insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Tennessee License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Tennessee insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 of the 24 hrs must be in Ethics.
- Any course approved for CE in TN may be taken for credit.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Final examinations are not monitored and can be completed while referencing course material (examinations are not closed-book).
- Up to 12 hours of course credits can be carried to the next reporting period. Ethics credit will carry over as general credit.
- Courses may not be duplicated within the same 2 year license renewal period. Completion dates must be at least 2 years apart.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Tennessee Department of Insurance through Pearson Vue.