South Carolina Insurance Continuing EducationSC Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
South Carolina insurance continuing education requires credit hours be completed every two years per the requirements of the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years of which 3 hours must be in ethics to fulfill South Carolina insurance license renewal requirements.South Carolina Insurance CE Requirements
- SC renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in ethics and 8 in line of authority).
- Agents licensed in both Life/Health and Property/Casualty must complete at least 8 hours in Life/Health and 8 hours in Property/Casualty.
- As many as 18 extra credit hours may be used towards the next SC insurance license renewal.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $4 per course (plus a flat $5 shipping charge).
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethics 101
|Life Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Ethics 101
|Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Ethics 101
|Major Lines Agent Package 1 (L/H & P/C)
3 Courses: Business Life Insurance, Homeowners Insurance Valuation, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Major Lines Agent Package 2 (L/H & P/C)
3 Courses: Business Disability Insurance, Casualty Fundamentals, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||4||Basic|
|Business Disability Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Business Life Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Casualty Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|College Planning and Funding||12||Average|
|Disability Income Insurance||6||Average|
|Ethics.. Handling the Money||10||Basic||Meets South Carolina Ethics Requirement|
|Ethical Insurance Practices||7||Basic||Meets South Carolina Ethics Requirement|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||4||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Hedge Fund Basics||7||Basic|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Insurance Ethics 101||3||Basic||Meets South Carolina Ethics Requirement|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||2||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Property Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Variable Annuity Suitability||5||Basic|
Licensed attorneys, limited lines producers, and nonresident agents are exempt from South Carolina insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
South Carolina License Renewal Requirements
Time for your South Carolina insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years, (3 of the 24 hours must be in ethics).
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Agents may take only courses approved for lines in which they are licensed.
- Agents with Life/Health & Property/Casualty licenses must complete at least 8 hours of credit specific to L/H and 8 to P/C.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
- Up to 18 hours of credit can be carried forward to the next renewal.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit within 2 years (completion dates must be at least 2 years apart).
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to South Carolina Department of Insurance.