Rhode Island Insurance Continuing EducationRI Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Rhode Island insurance continuing education requires credit hours be completed every two years per the requirements of the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years of which 3 hours must be in Ethics to fulfill Rhode Island insurance license renewal requirements.
CPMI offers 4 Suggested Packages, such as Life Agent Package, to make it easy to get started on your continued education.Rhode Island Insurance CE Requirements
- RI renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in Ethics).
- As many as 12 extra credit hours may be used towards the next RI insurance license renewal.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit in the same 2-year renewal term.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Rhode Island Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process. Pricing is for online courses.
|Life & Health Basics Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Ethics 101
|Life Agent Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Ethics 101
|Health Agent Package
3 Courses: Understanding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Business Disablity, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Basics Package
3 Courses: Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Homeowners Valuation, Insurance Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Adjusters, limited lines producers, and agents who were able to get licensed without an examination are exempt from CE. Nonresident agents are also be exempt from Rhode Island insurance continuing education requirements.
Additionally, agents at least 55 who have been continually licensed for 25 years or more are exempt from continuing education.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Rhode Island License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Rhode Island insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 of the 24 hours must be in Ethics.
- Up to 12 credits may carry over to your next renewal.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams are open book and unproctored.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Rhode Island Department of Insurance.