Pennsylvania Insurance Continuing EducationPA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years to fulfill Pennsylvania insurance license renewal requirements.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Pennsylvania Insurance Department charges a $5/course fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $6 per course (plus a flat $10 shipping charge).
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
2 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals
|Life Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E&O Claims, Identity Theft
|Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E&O Claims, Identity Theft
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
2 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Basics
|Property & Disaster Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Floods & Flood Insurance, Homeowners Insurance Valuation
|General Insurance Package
3 Courses: Identity Theft, Avoiding E&O Claims, College Planning & Funding
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
- PA renewal requires 24 hours of CE.
- Producers born in even years renew in even years, producers born in odd years renew in odd years.
- Many states require that courses be taken in subject matter approved for the particular license or licenses an agent holds, however, Pennsylvania does not have this requirement. So, Life Insurance agents may enroll in a course in Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Up to 24 credit hours may be carried forward to the next PA insurance license renewal period.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit in the same 2-year renewal term.
Public adjusters, surplus lines, limited lines, and individuals who were able to get licensed without an examination are exempt from CE. Nonresident agents and those given a special exemption due to hardship may also be exempt from Pennsylvania insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Pennsylvania License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Pennsylvania insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Agents may take any approved course for credit (Life licensees can take Property insurance courses if they desire).
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in the same 2 year renewal term.
- Up to 24 hours of credit can be carried forward to the next renewal.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the state.