Oregon Insurance Continuing EducationOR Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Oregon insurance continuing education requires credit hours be completed every two years per the requirements of the Oregon Insurance Division. There is no CE course subject requirement. Agents of any line can take courses for insurance lines they are not licensed in.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics & 3 of Oregon law to fulfill Oregon insurance license renewal requirements. These credit hours may be completed online.Oregon Insurance CE Requirements
- OR renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in Ethics, 3 in Oregon law).
- Producers born in even years renew in even years, producers born in odd years renew in odd years.
- Extra credit hours may not count towards the next OR insurance license renewal period.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit in the same 2-year renewal term.
Viatical settlement brokers should complete 4 total hours (3 in viatical training and 1 in Ethics) every renewal period. Life insurance agents who also operate as viatical settlement brokers do not need to complete any additional CE credits for their viatical license renewal.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Oregon Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $4 per course (plus a flat $5 shipping charge).
|Life & Health Agent Package
4 Courses: Business Disability, Business Life, Oregon L&H Insurance Law, Ethics 101
|Life Basics Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Variable Annuities, Oregon L&H Insurance Law, Ethics 101
|Health Basics Package
4 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Disability Income Insurance, Oregon L&H Insurance Law, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Agent Package
5 Courses: Homeowners Insurance Valuation, Flood Insurance, Avoiding E&O Claims, Oregon P&C Insurance Law, Ethics 101
|24||Average||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Property Basics Package
4 Courses: Homeowners Insurance Valuation, Identity Theft, Oregon P&C Insurance Law, Ethics 101
|Casualty Basics Package
4 Courses: Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E&O Claims, Oregon P&C Insurance Law, Ethical Insurance Practices
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Nonresident agents and limited-lines agents are exempt from Oregon insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Oregon License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Oregon insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 hours must be in Ethics and 3 hours in Oregon insurance law of your 24 hours.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Agents must take courses approved for the lines they are licensed in.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
- Excess credit hours cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams are not open book. If you are not taking your exam online, the exam must be taken with a proctor*.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Oregon Department of Insurance.
*Proctors for exams not taken online must be registered with the state as a proctor, or a public librarian, an employee of a college (not a college that is operated primarily for the insurance industry), an employee of a law office, or a currently licensed public accountant.