Ohio Insurance Continuing EducationOH Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics courses to fulfill Ohio insurance license renewal requirements for Life, Life/Health, Property/Casualty, and Crop Hail producers.Ohio Insurance CE Requirements
- OH renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in Ethics).
- No excess credit hours count towards the next OH insurance license renewal period.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Ohio Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
|Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability, Ethics 101
|Life Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life, Ethics 101
|Life and Health Package, includes PPACA
3 Courses: Understanding the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act of 2010, Business Life, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Individual agents may petition the Ohio Director of Insurance for exemptions to the CE requirement based upon indivual extenuating circumstances such as prolonged sickness. Nonresident agents and limited-lines agents are exempt from Ohio insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Ohio License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Ohio insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 of the 24 hours must be in Ethics.
- Any courses approved for CE in OH may be taken for credit.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Excess credits cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit twice in the same renewal period.
- Courses completion exams are not open book.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Ohio Department of Insurance.