North Carolina Insurance License Exam Prep/TrainingInsurance Pre-Licensing Education Approved by the NC Department of Insurance
North Carolina insurance licenses are granted from the North Carolina Department of Insurance (DOI). Before an individual is able to receive their NC insurance license, they will need to 1) complete an approved training course, 2) pass the state licensing exam, 3) complete the insurance license application and 4) pay a licensure fee.North Carolina Insurance Classes
To pass the NC state licensing exam you will be required to memorize detailed information. The text, video review, audio and test simulation programs are all designed to help you learn this material. Use the Exam Advantage test simulation program to see if you can successfully answer exam type questions (our most popular product!).
Our Exam Advantage test emulator helps prospective insurance producers to learn and review the insurance concepts that are covered in the North Carolina insurance licensing examination, as well as having an option to take practice tests similar in format to the state exam. Our online insurance training video classes allow you to take the time that you need to master the material, or quickly review.
- Courses offer convenient self-study for the Life, Health, Life and Health, or Property and Casualty licensing exams.
- Pass your first time or get your money back!
In addition to providing our products and services to individuals intending to become agents, producers, or brokers in North Carolina, CPMI offers special programs and incentives to groups or managers who regularly engage in recruiting or helping individuals get trained and licensed. If you have questions about any of these special offers, just give us a call at 815-271-8200.
We offer courses for the Life, Health, Property and Casualty insurance license exams. CPMI is approved by the North Carolina Department of Insurance as a prelicensing provider. Insurance school approval for pre-licensing providers is managed by the North Carolina Insurance License Agent Services Division, under the direction of the Commissioner of Insurance.
The Agent Services Division is located in Raleigh, North Carolina near the Legislative Building, and can be contacted by phone at 919-807-6800.
North Carolina License Requirements
Getting licensed in North Carolina? It's important to know:
- You must pass an approved pre-licensing education course (like ours!).
- Courses provide 20 hours of instruction per line of authority.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Online course students do not require a proctor for the course completion exam.
- Textbook users must have the course completion exam proctored. Proctor must be a disinterested 3rd party. They cannot be a family member or business associate.
After you pass our course, we will provide you with the exam admission ticket that you will need to bring with you to the Pearson Vue testing facility.