New Jersey Insurance Continuing EducationNJ Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
New Jersey insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the New Jersey Insurance Department.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics courses to fulfill New Jersey insurance license renewal requirements.New Jersey Insurance CE Requirements
- NJ renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in Ethics).
- Excess credit hours do not carry over.
- Any course approved for CE in New Jersey may be taken for credit. For example, Life Insurance agents may take a course in Casualty Insurance.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown includes online access to courses, physical copies of textbooks can be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health Agent Package
3 Courses: Business Life Insurance, Business Disability Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Life Agent Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Identity Theft, Ethics 101
|Health Agent Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Identity Theft, Ethics 101
|Property Agent Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Identity Theft, Ethics 101
|Casualty Agent Package
3 Courses: Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Identity Theft, Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
New Jersey Continuing Education Exemptions
Nonresident agents are exempt from New Jersey insurance continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.Additional Information
Licenses must be renewed before the last day of the producer's month of birth at least 13 but not more than 25 months after the license was issued. Courses may not be repeated for credit in the same 2-year renewal term. Of the 24 hours required for renewal, no more than 10 total hours in Ethics should be taken.
New Jersey License Renewal Requirements
Time for your New Jersey insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 hours of approved Ethics courses must be taken as part of the 24 requird hours.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be taken with a proctor and are not open book.
- Any course approved for CE in New Jersey may be taken for credit.
- Excess credit hours cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit twice in the same reporting period.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the New Jersey Department of Insurance.