Mississippi Insurance Continuing EducationMS Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses from CPMI
Mississippi insurance continuing education is mandatory at least every two years. Producers who have been licensed less than 18 months upon license renewal must complete 12 hours of approved CE course credits. Producers renewing 19-24 months into the validity period of the license are required to complete 24 hours of Mississippi CE with at least 3 hours in Ethics.
Producers must maintain 5 years worth of Mississippi CE credit records.Mississippi Insurance CE Requirements
- 24 hours every two years (3 of which must be ethics) or 12 hours for licenses active for less than 18 months.
- Courses must pertain to the same line or lines of authority in which the producer is licensed. (For example, the Life Fundamentals Package is perfect for a Life Insurance agent.)
- Insurance CE credits do not carry over from one reporting period to another.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Mississippi Insurance Department charges a $4.75/course fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional $4 per course (plus a flat $5 shipping charge).
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Insurance Ethics 101
|Life Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Insurance Ethics 101
|Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Insurance Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Basics, Insurance Ethics 101
|Property & Flood Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Floods & Flood Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|24||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
|Annuity Fundamentals||4||Basic||Meets MS requirement to sell annuities.|
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||5||Basic|
|Business Disability Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Business Life Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Casualty Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|College Planning and Funding||12||Average|
|Disability Income Insurance||6||Average|
|Ethical Insurance Practices||7||Basic||Meets MS Ethics requirement.|
|Ethics - Handling the Money!||10||Basic||Meets MS Ethics requirement.|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||5||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Identity Theft - Fastest Growing Crime||8||Basic|
|Insurance Ethics 101||3||Basic||Meets MS Ethics requirement.|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||7||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Property Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Variable Annuities||5||Basic||Meets MS requirement to sell annuities.|
Individuals who are exempt from taking a prelicensing examination or meeting a prelicensing education requirement are exempt from the MS continuing education requirement. Additionally, limited lines producers and non-resident producers are not required to meet Mississippi CE requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Mississippi License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Mississippi insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 of the 24 hours must be in ethics.
- Agents must take courses approved for the lines they are licensed in.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Excess CE credit hours will not carry on to future license renewals.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to Sircon.