Massachusetts Insurance Continuing EducationMA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Massachusetts insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every three years for license renewal, per the requirements of the Massachusetts Division of Insurance.
All licensed resident producers must complete 60 hours of CE for their first license renewal and 45 hours every three years thereafter to fulfill Massachusetts insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty.
Producers who renew their license for the first time are required to complete an additional 15 (or 60 total) hours of CE.
Public insurance adjusters should obtain 15 hours of CE every three year license renewal.
Courses are submitted to the Massachusetts Insurance Department the business day after completion.
3 hr ETHICS REQUIREMENT - Effective 9/17/2014, producers must complete 3 hours of Ethics as part of their total requirement. Producers whose license renews between 9/17/2014 and 12/31/2014 have until 1/5/2015 to comply with the new Ethics requirement.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
The Massachusetts Dept. of Insurance charges a $.50/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
|Life & Health & Property & Casualty Package
5 Courses: Life Fundamentals, Health Fundamentals, Casualty Fundamentals, Homeowners Valuation, Ethics 101
|Life & Health Package
6 Courses: Life Fundamentals, Health Fundamentals, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Identity Theft, Business Life Insurance, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Package
7 Courses: Property Fundamentals, Casualty Fundamentals, Homeowners Valuation, Insurance for Residential Properties, Identity Theft, Floods and Flood Insurance, Ethics 101.
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Viatical brokers, auto club agents, reinsurance intermediary brokers, surplus lines brokers, limited lines brokers, and individuals in active duty military are exempt from Mass CE.
If a nonresident license holder's home state does not have CE requirements, then they must fulfill MA CE requirements. Other nonresident license holders are exempt.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Massachusetts License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Massachusetts insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- Licenses are valid for three years from the date they are issued.
- First Renewal - 60 hours of CE are required for your first license renewal.
- All Other Renewals - 45 hours of CE are required.
- Effective 9/17/2014, producers must complete 3 hours of Ethics as part of their total requirement
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be taken with a proctor and are closed book.
- CE credit hours (up to 45) carry forward to future license renewal periods.
- Agents may take any approved CE course for credit.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit within 3 years (completion dates must be at least 3 yrs apart).
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Massachusetts Department of Insurance & Prometric.