Maryland Insurance Continuing EducationMD Insurance CE Self-Study Courses
Maryland insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the Maryland Insurance Administration.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics to fulfill Maryland insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty. Maryland insurance license renewal is determined by the end of an agent's month of birth.Maryland Insurance CE Requirements
- MD renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of Ethics).
- Licensees can renew all of their 24 CE hours via self-study.
- Resident licensees licensed continuously for 25 years prior to 10/1/2008 must complete 8 hours of CE including 3 hours of ethics.
- Agents who sell flood insurance or LTC must complete at least 2 hours of CE related directly to those subjects every renewal period.
- Some agents only need to complete 16 hours of CE. This includes Title-only producers and Life-only producers who are licensed separately as a funeral director or mortician.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Maryland Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an fee.
|Life/Health Producer Package
4 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Annuity Fundamentals, College Planning & Funding, Insurance Ethics 101
|Health Producer Focus Package
3 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Understanding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Insurance Ethics 101
|Life Producer Focus Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Retirement IRAs, Business Life, Insurance Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Nonresident licensees, HMO only, travel, and credit producers are considered exempt from Maryland insurance CE. Attorneys in good standing licensed only to sell title insurance are also exempt from taking insurance continuing education
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Maryland License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Maryland insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2 years.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Courses must be completed in the line held (LH/PC combined licenses must complete 25% in each line, i.e., 6 hrs in LH and 6 hrs in PC).
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Course completion exams are not open book but do not require a proctor.
- Excess credit hours cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in the 2 year license term. If a course is repeated in 2 consecutive license terms, there must be at least 6 months between completion dates.
- Flood: 2 hour requirement every 2 years in a course designated "Flood".
- Long Term Care Renewal: 2 hours every 2 years in a course designated "Long Term Care" (state requirement).
- Annuity Requirement: One-time 4 hour course prior to selling annuities.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Maryland Department of Insurance in conjunction with Prometric.