Maine Insurance Continuing EducationME Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Maine insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the Maine Department of Insurance.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics to fulfill Maine insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty. One course may not be taken twice within a single re-licensing period.
Courses can be taken in any subject, and are not restricted to an agent's licensed lines of authority.Maine Insurance CE Requirements
- ME renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of ethics).
- Excess credit hours do not carry over towards the next licensing period requirement.
- Maine does not require exam proctors for CE course completion.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethics 101
|Life Focus Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Health Focus Package
3 Courses: Health Fundamentals, Disability Income, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Property & Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Flood Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|General Interest Package
4 Courses: Identity Theft, Avoiding E&O Claims, College Planning & Funding, Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||16||Basic|
|Annuity Fundamentals||4||Basic||Meets Maine requirement to sell annuities.|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||4||Basic|
|Business Disability Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Business Life Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|College Planning and Funding||12||Average|
|Disability Income Insurance||6||Average|
|Ethics.. Handling the Money||10||Basic||Meets Maine Ethics Requirement|
|Ethical Insurance Practices||7||Basic||Meets Maine Ethics Requirement|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||4||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Hedge Fund Basics||7||Basic|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Insurance Ethics 101||3||Basic||Meets Maine Ethics Requirement|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||7||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||10||Basic|
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals||16||Basic|
|Variable Annuities||5||Basic||Meets Maine requirement to sell annuities.|
Newly-licensed producers who have not yet been licensed for a full year at the time of their first compliance period and nonresident licensees are considered exempt from Maine insurance CE.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Maine License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Maine insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE, including 3 hours of ethics, are required every 2 years.
- Agents may take any approved course for credit.
- Licensees born in even years renew in even years. Licensees born in odd years renew in odd years.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Course completion exams are open book and do not require a proctor.
- Excess credit hours cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Maine Department of Insurance.