Louisiana Insurance Continuing EducationLA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Louisiana insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of Ethics to fulfill Louisiana insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty.
At least six hours of the total 24 must be completed in topics pertinent to the agent's licensed lines of authority.Louisiana Insurance CE Requirements
- LA renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of Ethics).
- Up to 10 CE credit hours may carry over towards the next licensing period requirement.
- New requirement: Online courses are timed and you must be actively clicking in the course for the required time. Textbook courses with paper exams are not required to meet the timing requirement.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health Producer Package
6 Courses: Life Fundamentals, Health Fundamentals, Disability Income, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Ethics 101, Ethical Insurance Practices
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Limited lines producers who do not require a prelicensing examination, newly-licensed producers in their first license renewal, industrial fire producers, and nonresident licensees are considered exempt from Louisiana insurance CE.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Louisiana License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Louisiana insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hrs of CE are required every license renewal period.
- 3 hrs must be in ethics.
- Courses cannot be repeated within a renewal term. This restriction also applies to hours carried over from a previous term.
- Agents may take only courses approved for lines in which they are licensed.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Up 10 CE credits can carry forward for your next license renewal.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Online courses are timed.
- Courses completion exams are not proctored.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information to the Louisiana Insurance Department the next business day.