Kansas Insurance Continuing EducationKS Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Kansas insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the Kansas Insurance Division.
All licensed resident producers and public adjusters working in major lines must complete 12 hours of CE every two years, including 1 hour of ethics to fulfill Kansas insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty.
Life/Health and Property/Casualty agents are required to complete 12 hours in each line and 2 hours of ethics.Kansas Insurance CE Requirements
- KS renewal for either L/H or P/C requires 12 hours of CE (including 1 hour of ethics).
- Producers licensed in both L/H and P/C require 24 hours of CE (including 2 hours of ethics).
- Excess CE credit hours do not carry over to the next license renewal period.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any 12 hour package for just $30 or a 24 hour package for $39. The Kansas Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
|Life/Health & Property/Casualty 24-Credit Package
4 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Annuity Fundamentals, Disability Income, Ethics 101
|Life/Health & Property/Casualty 24-Credit Package (Option 2)
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E & O Claims, Flood Insurance, Ethics 101
|24||Average||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance|
|Life and Health Agent 12-Credit Package
3 Courses: Annuity Fundamentals, Disability Income, Ethics 101
|Health Agent 12-Credit Package
2 Courses: Business Disability, Ethics 101
|Life Agent 12-Credit Package
2 Courses: Business Life, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Agent 12-Credit Package
3 Courses: Floods and Flood Insurance, Avoiding E&O Claims, Ethics 101
|12||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance|
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Crop only and pre-need only producers are required to complete 2 total hours every two years.Kansas Continuing Education Exemptions
Nonresident licensees are considered exempt from Kansas insurance CE as long as they maintain an active resident license in another state.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Kansas License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Kansas insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years for LH & PC agents (Two credit of ethics).
- 12 hours of CE are required every 2 years for LH or PC agents (one credit of ethics).
- Producers must take courses approved for their lines of authority. If LH & PC must take 50% of hours in each.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
- CE credit hours do not carry forward to future license renewal periods.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams are not open book and must be proctored.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Kansas Department of Insurance.