Iowa Insurance Continuing EducationIA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
All licensed resident producers working in major lines must complete 36 hours of CE every three years, including 3 hours of Ethics to fulfill Iowa insurance license renewal requirements.
CPMI can help you fulfill your self-study hours at very low prices! For example our very popular Life Insurance Fundamentals course is only $24!Iowa Insurance CE Requirements
- IA renewal requires 36 hours of Continuing Education Credits (including 3 hours of Ethics). Iowa insurance CE only allows 18 hours of self-study per renewal period.
- CE credits cannot carry over from one renewal period to another.
- One course may not be repeated twice in the same licensing renewal period for credit.
Crop-only producers are required to complete 18 total hours, of which 3 must be in Ethics.
Iowa Insurance Producers - Finish your Required CE for Less.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee. The Iowa Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
|Annuity Fundamentals||2||Basic||General credit, not annuity credit|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||4||Basic|
|Casualty Insurance Fundamentals||9||Basic||Popular!|
|Ethics 101 Webinar Class||3||Basic||Meets Iowa Ethics Requirement. Classroom Credit!|
|Ethics.. Handling the Money||10||Basic||Meets Iowa Ethics Requirement|
|Ethical Insurance Practices||7||Basic||Meets Iowa Ethics Requirement|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||5||Basic||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Insurance Ethics 101||3||Basic||Meets Iowa Ethics Requirement|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||6||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic||Popular!|
|Property Insurance Fundamentals||6||Basic|
|Variable Annuities||5||Basic||Meets Iowa req. to sell annuities.|
Active duty servicemen and servicewomen are exempt from the Iowa CE requirement.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Iowa License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Iowa insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 36 hours of CE are required every 3 years.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable (3 hours must be in ethics. 18 hours MUST be completed in the classroom).
- Agents may take any approved course for credit.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit twice in the same reporting period.
- Excess credit hours cannot be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Course completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
- 70% or better is required to pass the course completion exam.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Iowa Department of Insurance.