Illinois Insurance License Exam Required ClassroomIllinois Licensing Department of Insurance Approved Classes and Courses
Illinois insurance license requirements effective January 1, 2010 - All candidates seeking an Illinois insurance producer license must complete 20 hours of pre-license training per line of insurance, including 7 1/2 hours of approved classroom training.Get Ready for the Insurance Licensing Exam
As an approved pre-licensing provider by the Illinois Department of Insurance, CPMI provides classroom study programs that are used together with our self-study materials to help students meet this requirement.
We are happy to continue to offer in-house classes throughout the state to work one-on-one with your organization! To schedule a class (Life, Health, Life & Health, or Property & Casualty), call 815-271-8200 for more information.
If you have already completed the required clasroom course and would like to use one of our insurance exam learning supplements rather than attending a class with one of our expert instructors, we offer the following supplemental products to help you quickly learn or review the material for your Illinois license exam.
For over fifteen years, CPMI has worked throughout Illinois to provide quality licensing training for prospective insurance agents and brokers with excellent first time pass rates.
- Test Simulator or Audio CDs - Study with at home computer based testing programs that mimic the Illinois pre-licensing state exam, video reviews, or audio CDs.
- Exam Advantage Review - Illinois insurance licensing basics video review available online.
"Dear CPMI - Just wanted to send a quick message that I passed all parts of the state exam on Friday afternoon. I appreciate the quality of the live classroom course work and the quality of the supporting materials - the Exam Advantage proved to be a great study tool following the class. As I require more certifications, I plan on coming back to take more classes with you." - PaulIllinois CE
We provide both Illinois Insurance Licensing and Continuing Education for licensed insurance producers interested in CE classes, CPMI is an approved Illinois continuing education provider.
Illinois License Requirements
Getting licensed in Illinois? It's important to know:
- You must pass an approved pre-licensing education course (like ours!).
- Classroom courses are required (7.5 hours per line).
- Courses provide 20 hours of instruction per line of authority.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Course completion exams do not require a proctor.
After you pass our course, we will provide you with a course completion certificate that you will bring with you to the Pearson Vue testing facility.