Georgia Insurance Continuing EducationGA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Georgia insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed per the requirements of the Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner. Producers must complete 24 hours of CE every license renewal period, including 3 hrs of ethics, until they have been licensed for 20 years. Producers with 20 or more years of licensure must complete 20 hours of CE, including 3 hrs of ethics, every Georgia insurance license renewal period.
All producers, regardless of the length of time they have been licensed, must complete 3 hours of ethics as part of the required hours.Georgia Insurance CE Requirements
- Newly licensed agents can count their prelicensing education as part of the CE credit renewal requirement.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit within 2 years, unless the courses cover current events, ethics, or legislative issues.
- Up to 50% of the CE requirement can be met with courses carried over in excess of the previous year's requirement.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health 24 Hour Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices
|31||Basic||Meets 24 hour renewal requirement.|
|Life 20 Hour Package
3 Courses: Annuity Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|20||Basic||Meets 20 hour renewal requirement and GA requirement to sell Annuities.|
|Health 24 Hour Package
4 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Avoiding E&O Claims, Ethical Insurance Practices
|32||Basic||Meets 24 hour renewal requirement.|
|Property & Casualty 24 Hour Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices
|31||Basic||Meets 24 hour renewal requirement.|
|Property 20 Hour Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Avoiding E&O Claims, Ethical Insurance Practices
|23||Basic||Meets 20 hour renewal requirement.|
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
|Accident, Health & Disability Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Annuity Fundamentals||4||Basic||Meets Georgia requirement to sell annuities.|
|Avoiding E&O Claims||4||Basic|
|Business Disability Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Business Life Insurance||9||Average||Popular!|
|Casualty Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|College Planning and Funding||12||Average|
|Disability Income Insurance||6||Average|
|Ethical Insurance Practices||7||Basic||Meets GA Ethics Requirement|
|Ethics - Handling the Money!||10||Basic||Meets GA Ethics requirement.|
|Floods and Flood Insurance||4||Basic||Meets GA Ethics requirement.|
|Hedge Fund Basics||7||Basic|
|Homeowners Insurance Valuation||9||Average|
|Insurance Ethics 101||4||Basic||Meets GA Ethics Requirement|
|Insurance For Residential Properties||7||Basic|
|Life Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Property Insurance Fundamentals||12||Basic|
|Variable Annuities||5||Basic||Meets Georgia requirement to sell annuities.|
Individuals with the following professional designations are required to complete 6 hours of continuing education (3 in ethics) annually: CPCU, CLU, FLMI, CIC, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), ChFC, Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Certified Financial Planer (CFP), or a major BBA in Risk Management and Insurance from an accredited college.
Agents holding a non-active license are exempt from the Georgia CE requirement.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Georgia License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Georgia insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hrs of CE are required every 2 years until licensed for 20 yrs. Once licensed 20 or more years 20 hrs of CE are required every 2 yrs.
- 3 hrs must be in ethics.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Agents may take only courses approved for lines in which they are licensed.
- Up to 50% of all CE credits can carry forward to the next Georgia insurance license renewal period.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit within 2 years from the original completion date, unless the course is on current issues, ethics or legislative updates. Courses on current issues, ethics or legislative updates cannot be taken more than once in a calendar year.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the organization responsible for Georgia insurance CE, Sircon.