Delaware Insurance Continuing EducationDE Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Delaware insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years before an insurance license can be renewed. Producers must complete 24 hours of CE, 3 of which must be Ethics.
Reporting periods for all agents' licenses renewals end in February and begin in March. Insurance producer licenses are valid for two years from the time of issuance, except the producer's first license renewal.Delaware Insurance CE Requirements
- Delaware resident license renewals require 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of Ethics).
- Adjusters and fraternal producers are required to complete 12 hours of approved CE.
- Up to 5 extra CE credits can carry over from the previous reporting period.
- Agents dealing with homeowners or personal lines coverage must complete 2 hours of CE in flood insurance as part of their 24 credit requirement.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Delaware Insurance Department charges a $1.00/credit fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
There are 2 types of packages. The first group, with 24 hrs after the name, will give you 24 hours of credit with one 50 question test. The second group has individual tests for each of the listed courses, so the hours can be earned as each test is completed.
|Suggested Courses (24 hrs One Test)||Hours||Difficulty|
|Life, Health, Property & Casualty Course (24 hrs)||24||Basic||Popular!|
|Life & Health Course (24 hrs)||24||Average||Life Course (24 hrs)||24||Average||
|Health Course (24 hrs)||24||Average||
|Property & Casualty Course (24 hrs)||24||Average||Meets NFIP requirement to sell flood insurance.|
|Life & Health Basics Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethics 101
|Life Agent Package
3 Courses: College Planning and Funding, Business Life, Ethics 101
|Health Agent Package
3 Courses: Health Fundamentals, Business Disablity, Ethics 101
|Property & Casualty Basics Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Insurance Ethics 101
|P&C + Flood Package
3 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Flood Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices
|24||Basic||Meets Flood Insurance sales and renewal requirement.|
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
After 25 years of continual licensure, a producer is automatically granted 12 free CE credits.
Limited Lines producers writing consumer credit, title, crop/hail, surety and car rental insurance are exempt from the Delaware insurance CE requirement.
Additionally, resident adjusters licensed solely for surety and/or marine and transportation, and non-resident adjusters and non-resident public adjusters are not required to meet DE CE requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Delaware License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Delaware insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years.
- 3 of the 24 hours must be in ethics.
- Any courses approved for CE in DE may be taken for credit.
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Excess credits (up to 5) can be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses completion exams are open book.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Delaware Department of Insurance.