Connecticut Insurance Continuing EducationCT Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Connecticut insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years before an insurance license can be renewed. Producers must complete 24 hours of CE, 3 of which must be Law/Ethics.
A minimum of six credit hours are required for each line of authority for agents licensed in multiple insurance lines (for example Life is one line, but Life and Health is two).Connecticut Insurance CE Requirements
- Connecticut resident license renewals require 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of Ethics).
- A producer's license will expire every two years on the producer's birth date.
- The $160 licensed renewal fee is doubled for a late renewal.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39. The Connecticut Insurance Department charges a $3.75/course fee, which will be added during the checkout process.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Insurance Ethics 101, Avoiding E&O Claims
|Life Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Business Life Insurance, Ethical Insurance Practices, Avoiding E&O Claims
|Health Fundamentals Package
5 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Avoiding E&O Claims, Identity Theft, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Property & Casualty Fundamentals Package
4 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Basics, Homeowners Insurance Valuation, Insurance Ethics 101
|General Insurance Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Basics, Property Insurance Basics, Casualty Insurance Basics, Insurance Ethics 101
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Any insurance producer who holds only a surety bail bond, credit, or accident/travel baggage license is not required to complete the biennial Connecticut insurance producer continuing education requirement. Additionally, active duty US military personnel during a substantial portion of the license renewal period are may be exempt.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
Connecticut License Renewal Requirements
Time for your Connecticut insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years (3 hrs must be in Law/Ethics/Regulation, at least 6 hrs in lines of authority, remaining hours may be any approved CT CE course).
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Courses cannot be repeated during a 2 year license term.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams must be proctored and are not open book.
- Credit hours in excess of 24 do not carry over for your next renewal.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the Connecticut Insurance Department for CT Insurance Producer License Renewal.