California Insurance Continuing EducationCA Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
California insurance continuing education is for producers, adjusters, and agents licensed to sell various insurance related products in the state of California. All insurance CE must be completed before your insurance license renewal date in order to avoid late fees and possibly even complications with the license renewal process.California Insurance CE Requirements
- 24 hours every two years for Life, Personal Lines, Property, Casualty, and Accident/Health Agents.
- 20 hours every two years for Limited Lines Auto producers.
- The California Department of Insurance recommends that candidates complete their CA insurance continuing education at least 60 days before credits are due.
- Only courses pertaining to the lines of insurance in which you are licensed are allowed to count towards California license renewal.
Combine and Save - Finish your Required CE for Just $39.
Choose any of these packages for just $39.
Pricing shown is for online courses. Physical copies of textbooks may be ordered for an additional fee.
|Life & Health Fundamentals Package
3 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, Health Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Life Agent Package
4 Courses: Life Insurance Fundamentals, College Planning & Funding, Variable Annuities, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Health Agent Package
5 Courses: Health Insurance Fundamentals, Business Disability Insurance, Disability Income, Avoiding E&O Claims, Ethical Insurance Practices
|Property & Casualty Agent Package
4 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Casualty Insurance Fundamentals, Ethical Insurance Practices, Homeowners Insurance Valuation
|Property Agent Package
5 Courses: Property Insurance Fundamentals, Homeowners Insurance Valuation, Ethical Insurance Practices, Avoiding E&O Claims, Identity Theft
Check out our complete course listing.Hide complete course listing. Go to shopping cart.
Individuals who hold a continual license for at least 30 years from the California Department of Insurance are exempted from the insurance continuing education requirement if they are at least 70 years old.
Additionally, nonresident licensees who do not sell annuities, LTC, or flood products, as well as life-only agents who are able to claim a funeral exemption (agent sells less than $15,000/yr in insurance) are exempt. Cargo shippers licenses do not require California insurance CE.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.
The information on this page is meant to be a guide. Please confirm all information related to license renewal directly with the CA DOI. CPMI is an approved continuing education provider in the state of California.
California License Renewal Requirements
Time for your California insurance license renewal? It's important to know:
- 24 hours of CE are required every 2 years. (3 hours ethics, 21 hours approved for lines in which a license is held)
- Online, textbook, or classroom courses are acceptable.
- Courses cannot be repeated for credit in one renewal period.
- You must pass your course completion examination with a 70% or better.
- Courses completion exams are open book. Proctors are not required.
- Excess credits may carry over to your next renewal period.
After you pass our course, we will send your completion information on to the California Insurance Department.