Oregon Insurance Continuing EducationOR Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Oregon insurance continuing education requires credit hours be completed every two years per the requirements of the Oregon Insurance Division.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of ethics & 3 of Oregon law to fulfill Oregon insurance license renewal requirements.Oregon Insurance CE Requirements
- OR renewal requires 24 hours of CE (3 in ethics, 3 in Oregon law).
- Producers born in even years renew in even years, producers born in odd years renew in odd years.
- Courses must be taken in subject matter approved for the particular license or licenses an agent holds.
- Extra credit hours may not count towards the next OR insurance license renewal period.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit in the same 2-year renewal term.
Viatical settlement brokers should complete 4 total hours (3 in viatical training and 1 in ethics) every renewal period. Life insurance agents who also operate as viatical settlement brokers do not need to complete any additional CE credits.Oregon Continuing Education Exemptions
Nonresident agents and limited-lines agents are exempt from Oregon insurance continuing education requirements.
Life agents who only service existing policies and are 58 years old or older with at least 10 years of experience as a licensed agent are exempt from Oregon continuing education requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.