New York Insurance Continuing EducationNY Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
New York insurance continuing education requirements for agent license renewal are set forth by the New York Insurance Department, after your first license renewal you will be required to complete 15 hours of approved CE courses before any subsequent renewals will be approved.
If you have multiple licenses and complete continuing education credits that do not count towards a particular line, you must complete the required hours to match the licenses that you hold.New York Insurance CE Requirements
- The same course cannot be taken twice for New York insurance CE credit.
- 15 hours of CE are required every renewal period (every 2 years).
- Courses counted towards NY insurance license renewal must be approved for the lines in which a producer is licensed.
- Some courses, called "bridge" courses, are applicable towards all licenses and can be used towards the renewal of all licenses, line specific courses may only be used towards the renewal of those licenses for which those courses are approved.
- Courses cannot be repeated for New York insurance continuing education credit.
The New York Department of Insurance does not require CE for the renewal of Independent Adjuster, Bail Bond, Mortgage Guarantee, or Re-insurance Intermediary licenses. All other licensed producers must obtain appropriate CE credits every NY insurace license renewal period.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.