Mississippi Insurance Continuing EducationMS Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses from CPMI
Mississippi insurance continuing education is mandatory at least every two years. Producers who have been licensed less than 18 months upon license renewal must complete 12 hours of approved CE course credits. Producers renewing 19-24 months into the validity period of the license are required to complete 24 hours of Mississippi CE with at least 3 hours in ethics.
Only half of the total required 30 hours may be taken through self-study Mississippi continuing education programs, while the other half must be classroom or "classroom equivalent" course hours.Mississippi Insurance CE Requirements
- 24 hours every two years (3 of which must be ethics) OR 12 hours every 18 months.
- Courses must pertain to the same line or lines of authority in which the producer is licensed.
- Repeated courses can only count once per CE reporting period.
- Insurance CE credits do not carry over from one reporting period to another.
- Producers must maintain 5 years worth of Mississippi CE credit records.
Individuals who are exempt from taking a prelicensing examination or meeting a prelicensing education requirement are exempt from the MS continuing education requirement. Additionally, limited lines producers and non-resident producers are not required to meet Mississippi CE requirements.
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.