Maryland Insurance Continuing EducationMD Insurance Continuing Ed (CE) Courses
Maryland insurance continuing education required credit hours must be completed every two years per the requirements of the Maryland Insurance Administration.
All licensed resident producers must complete 24 hours of CE every two years, including 3 hours of ethics to fulfill Maryland insurance license renewal requirements for Life and Health or for Property and Casualty.
Maryland insurance license renewal is determined by the end of an agent's month of birth.Maryland Insurance CE Requirements
- MD renewal requires 24 hours of CE (including 3 hours of ethics).
- Courses must be taken about subjects pertaining to the lines of authority for which a producer is licensed. Producers for L/H and P/C must complete at least 6 hours in each of the two.
- Courses may be repeated in different CE renewal periods as long as at least 6 months passed in between courses.
- Excess credit hours do not carry over towards the next licensing period requirement.
- Maryland does not require exam monitors for CE course completion during self-study courses.
Nonresident licensees, HMO only, travel, and credit producers are considered exempt from Maryland insurance CE. Attorneys in good standing licensed only to sell title insurance are also exempt from taking insurance continuing education
Under federal law, even exempt individuals must take the required LTC course before they can begin selling long term care policies.